The Hindenburg left Frankfurt, Germany on its final voyage 75 years ago today, on May 3, 1937.
After crossing the Atlantic the ship was destroyed in a fiery crash at Lakehurst, New Jersey on May 6, 1937.
I will be attending the memorial service at Lakehurst this weekend and will post photos and information when I return home.
Hindenburg Disaster Links:
- The Hindenburg Disaster
- A Detailed History of the Hindenburg
- The Hindenburg’s Passenger Accommodations
- Passenger List from the Hindenburg’s Last Flight
- Crew List from the Hindenburg’s Last Flight
- Photographic evidence that the Hindenburg’s covering was not highly flammable
- Myths about the Hindenburg Crash
- Official Commerce Department Accident Report
- German Investigation Commission Report
- Titanic vs Hindenburg Survival Rates
- A List of Hydrogen Airship Disasters other than the Hindenburg