AIRSHIPS: Designed for Greatness showcases the beautiful illustrations of the very talented Italian artist Max Pinucci. Max created detailed, accurate, and beautiful illustrations of the world’s most famous airships, along with infographics explaining airship routes, performance, dimensions, and more. I am very proud to be one of the co-authors of the text in this stunningly beautiful book.
The book is impressively sized at 46,5 cm x 29 cm (18.3″ x 11.5″) and printed on the finest quality paper.
- 114 oversize, panoramic pages
- 24 accurate and detailed airship profiles (1:400 and 1:700 scale).
- Extensive infographic plates
- Original photographs, renderings, and hand-drawn portraits.
- Full-color plate (poster) of a historic airship, autographed by Max Pinucci and suitable for framing, 42 cm x 28 cm
- Imperial and metric measurements, technical specifications, and flight data.
- Bilingual text and captions (English/Italian)
- Limited Edition (only 200 copies)
The book includes detailed illustrations and information about the following airships:
- Lebaudy Le Jaune
- Zeppelin LZ 8 Deutschland
- Zeppelin L30 (LZ 62)
- Zeppelin L35 (LZ 80)
- Zeppelin L59 (LZ 104)
- Zeppelin L70 (LZ 114)
- HMA R33 (R33 Class)
- HMA R34 (R33 Class)
- LZ 120 Bodensee
- ZR-1 USS Shenandoah
- N-1 Norge
- ZR-3 USS Los Angeles
- N-4 Italia
- Zeppelin LZ 127 Graf Zeppelin
- HMA R.100
- HMA R.101
- ZR-4 USS Akron
- ZR-5 USS Macon
- V-6 Osoaviakhim
- Zeppelin LZ 129 Hindenburg
- Zeppelin LZ 130 Graf Zeppelin
- Goodyear ZPG-2 Snowbird
- Zeppelin NT 07
- Goodyear NT-07 101 Wingfoot One